Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
What People Say About Us
Very friendly and helpful.
I KNOW JR AND THERE GUYS ARE THE BEST TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR OR TRUCK!
Friendly, honest work, affordable.
I just wanted to drop a quick little note to let you know how much I enjoy "All things Automotive". I have had problems with some of the cars in my family and what ever issue we have All Things Automotive have been able to fix the problems. Not only fixing problems, but doing oil changes also. What a relief to get it all done in one place. They have always been on time and very friendly. I totally recommend them. I hope that you dont have car problems but, if you do. Feel comfortable going to them.
Late Friday afternoon my transmission fried out on the highway.. JR and his team stayed late lent us a car found us a decent place to Stay and had us on our way before noon the next day. Oh that was a Saturday.. They are closed Saturday.. Cant say thank you enough times JR!
I love the staff at all things automotive! They are honest, reliable, and hard working. I will always recommend them to anyone who has trouble with their vehicle.